Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Analyst, AML Refresh (Global Banking and Markets)
8 Nov 2019
“Bank of America Merrill Lynch” is the marketing name for the global banking and global markets businesses of Bank of America Corporation. Bank of America is a marketing name for the Retirement Services business of Bank of America Corporation. Lending, derivatives, and other commercial banking activities are performed globally by banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation, including Bank of America, N.A., Member FDIC. Securities, strategic advisory, and other investment banking activities are performed globally by investment banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“Investment Banking Affiliates”), including, in the United States, BofA Securities, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corp., all of which are registered broker-dealers and Members of SIPC, and in other jurisdictions, by locally registered entities. BofA Securities, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corp. are registered as futures commission merchants with the CFTC and are members of the NFA.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
The GBAM Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Refresh team performs AML Know-Your-Client/Client Due Diligence (KYC/CDD) for Global Banking and Markets clients of Bank of America Merrill Lynch. This team covers refresh (periodic review) as its core activity. Additionally the team also covers internal/external audits, remediation of AML KYC/CDD of bank clients. The team covers 12 APAC jurisdictions, EMEA, US & Canada. Reviewing accuracy of documentation, screening, obtaining approvals from Compliance and Business are some of the high level activities involved in the process
• Perform document gap analysis by reviewing available documentation and evaluating information available publically or through vendors for multiple Asian jurisdictions
• Liaise with sales/client teams to obtain and validate correct documentation
• Process KYC/AML by, enriching KYC requests in the system and performing enhanced due diligence as required
• Support creation of key business metrics
• Liaise with internal departments to support KYC issues
• Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
• Participate in Remediation, internal/external Audits
• Experience in similar role (preferred)
• Control focused mindset and good understanding of regulatory and reputational risks - (knowledge of Asia Markets requirements a plus)
• Excellent communications skills and ability to present to an audience.
• Ability to work under pressure in a team environment.
• Ability to liaise with all levels of the firm and people with different experiences and backgrounds.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?