Payments Finance & Data Analyst, Finance Operations
9 Sep 2019
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
• Create, maintain and improve Financial Data Reporting capabilities for local and regional Finance Department for multiple lines of business and new features/ products launch.
• Gather business requirements and turning them into detailed technical requirements for Finance, Data engineering, Product and Engineering.
• Monitoring, Influence and Improve Payments products’ operational performance with BI Tools.
• Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes in Business logic, launch or product
• Work with FP&A and Accounting leaders to prioritize planned and unplanned development and management projects.
• Influence other functional areas of the business to achieve business objectives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management/ Administration, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science or equivalent educational or professional experience.
• Experience with data analysis, data reporting and data presentation to suit the needs of business and use cases.
• Basic accounting knowledge.
• 2 years experience in working with SQL and Excel.
• Familiar with Tableau or any mainstream BI tools.
• Proficient in establishing a working relationship with all levels of management & financial and product executives in the region.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills with eyes for details.
• Knowledge in accounting or working experience in a finance firm or department would be a plus.
• Able to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
• Experience in payments, ideally alternative payments acquiring and processing
• Understanding of the payment landscape in Southeast Asia.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?