The Economist Group
Internal content agency
Editorial Intern, Branded Content
14 May 2019
The Economist Group was first published in 1843 to take part in a “severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress.” Headquartered in London, The Economist Group today has offices and people across the globe and is valued by its customers for its world-class insights and rigorous analysis. We value individuals who think differently and can challenge the status quo. Working at The Economist Group, wherever you start, you will continue to learn and develop your career. We will encourage you to think about and explore other positions, business units and countries that will help you and the company grow. We are a global business with a global view—working with us will take you places both physically and intellectually.
Interns work closely with the (E) BrandConnect Managing Editor and have the opportunity to work on live projects and contribute to research reports that will help advance their careers. The internship program is competitive; we look for interns that have a profound interest in journalism, research and global trends in technology, finance, public policy, sustainability and a variety of other subjects.
The intern's time will be split across a range of projects and disciplines. Some of their work may be working on articles, social media, video and content marketing initiatives. They will be expected to contribute to pitch proposals across all stages, ideation, development and design. The intern could also expect to work on live projects for government and private sector clients.
• Perform a range of tasks depending on the research projects needs
• Assist with the project management of live projects
• Undertake desk research to identify related research and potential interviewees
• Set-up interviews
• Coordinate our vendors and freelancers, including writers, designers and local film crews for video interviews
• Write, proof or fact-check reports (not essential, but possible for someone with the right skill set)
• Draft press releases and other marketing materials in support of research programmes
• Produce creative content; manage designers to create websites, infographics and videos
• Work experience or previous internship in journalism/research, think tanks or the technology sector is preferred but not required
• Good communication skills, both written and oral and attention to detail
• A profound interest in journalism, research and/or technology
• The ability to prioritise and be organised
• Creativity and a flexible work style
• The ability to be a self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Fluency in English; proficiency in Mandarin Chinese (particularly written) is a plus
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information.
立即联系百思拓的导师们！登陆 www.besttopcareer.com 查看更多讯息。