Intern - Finance Accounting & Business Strategy
23 Jul 2019
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen’s operations internship program offers meaningful real life work experiences that would benefit students by preparing them for industry readiness when they embark on their career.
Duration: 24 weeks - Aug/Sep 2019 to Feb/Mar 2020
Students who are interested in this position should seek approval from their respective educational institutes before applying.
The internship provides the opportunity for the student to be exposed to the various disciplines involved in Finance, Accounting & Business Strategy. Working at Amgen’s most innovative manufacturing facility, the intern will be trained in the fundamentals of operations finance, accounting & valuation measures used in business strategy.
As part of the Finance team, the intern will be exposed to some of the topics as follows:
• Financial Statement Forecasting
• Valuation techniques/computations
• Productivity measurement & KPI development
• Key elements of operations finance & accounting
• Cross-functional budgetary management
• Leadership & presentational skills required at a Fortune 500 company
• Software skills like SAP ERP system and Hyperion Financial Management
Intern will be assigned to support activities as follows:
• Data collection & analysis for plant performance benchmarking
• Productivity measurement/KPI development
• Financial statement forecasting
• Cross Functional project management
• Financial model building used for forecasting financial performance & business valuations
Degree concentration(s) in Finance, Accounting, Economics &/or Business Development. The ideal candidate will pose very strong analytical capability & strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?