Early Career Program: Supply Chain
21 Nov 2019
Baker Hughes Company is an international industrial service company and one of the world's largest oil field services companies. The company provides the oil and gas industry with products and services for oil drilling, formation evaluation, completion, production and reservoir consulting. Baker Hughes is organized in Delaware and headquartered in Houston.The company was originally known as Baker Hughes Incorporated until 2017 when it was merged with GE Oil and Gas to become Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE), then in 2019 the company divested from General Electric and became Baker Hughes Company. Despite the separation, General Electric still maintains a 38.4% share hold in the company.
What do you ASPIRE to be? Whether collaborating with customers to develop break-through technology, solving business challenges, leading at a wellsite, or working on digital analytics, we want you to be a part of Baker Hughes’s innovation!
The Supply Chain program accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting challenges facing the Supply Chain and HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) functions. This two-year program consists of three rotational assignments in Supply Chain roles combined with formal classroom training, and a cross-functional, mission-based project, that allow members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training. The Program starts in January and in July; start date will be based on program needs.
• Work on rotations and/or assignments in manufacturing, sourcing and materials management, quality and process improvement, HSE, oversight of Baker Hughes operations for work at customer sites. Program members are also involved in strategic initiatives including our drive for LEAN Six Sigma.
• Participate in intentional and structured career development activities and receive active coaching and mentoring
• Complete formal training in LEAN Six Sigma and Supply Chain processes
• Contribute to business outcomes
• Network globally and cross-functionally, lead program initiatives or projects with peers; interact with global business leaders cross-functionally
• Solve critical business challenges through cross-functional, mission-based teams
• Opportunity to participate in international experiences/assignments
• BS or MS degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Supply Chain from an accredited university
• A GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Geographically mobile (locations vary)
• Maximum three years’ experience post Bachelor’s degree
• Legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction
• Prior internship, coop or research experience in engineering, manufacturing or supply chain operations.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative. Passion in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering in Oil and Gas.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?