Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Global Banking & Markets Anti-Money Laundering | Summer Analyst 2020
23 Sep 2019
“Bank of America Merrill Lynch” is the marketing name for the global banking and global markets businesses of Bank of America Corporation. Bank of America is a marketing name for the Retirement Services business of Bank of America Corporation. Lending, derivatives, and other commercial banking activities are performed globally by banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation, including Bank of America, N.A., Member FDIC. Securities, strategic advisory, and other investment banking activities are performed globally by investment banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“Investment Banking Affiliates”), including, in the United States, BofA Securities, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corp., all of which are registered broker-dealers and Members of SIPC, and in other jurisdictions, by locally registered entities. BofA Securities, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corp. are registered as futures commission merchants with the CFTC and are members of the NFA.
The Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program is designed to help safeguard our financial system, our industry, our clients and our employees from financial crimes by delivering complete, sustainable and appropriate end to end processes and controls for managing AML and economic sanctions across global GBAM businesses.
GBAM AML APAC team covers policy governance, periodic review of client due diligence, exam & issues management across APAC countries and program management. We are looking for summer analysts who have a desire to adapt and learn about AML regulations, their operationalization across large institutions and their interplay with businesses like Corporate Banking, Institutional Brokerage, Prime Brokerage, Treasury Services, etc. As a summer analyst, you will work with the team and learn about these aspects of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, be exposed to the Enterprise and regulatory policies and standards.
Summer Analysts undergo a 10 week program which is designed to provide candidates with an opportunity to work with experienced professionals and prepare for a career in the Bank. You will undergo a phased training and development process including web based training, team coaches, and peer coaches. Teammates in this program will build a valuable network with other summer interns and throughout Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
As a summer intern, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Participation in AML KYC process understanding and evaluations
• Working closely with internal and external departments to support AML KYC process and/ or issues
• Involvement in AML KYC projects, driving change initiatives for AML KYC process improvement, new processes or industry rollouts
• Support creation of business metrics for jurisdictional representation
• Penultimate year undergraduate/Masters’ student
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to change, be flexible, and open minded
• Demonstrated ability to be able to be decisive and committed to accomplishing tasks
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with all levels of the firm and people with different experiences and backgrounds.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?