2020 Market Data Analyst - Summer Internship
01 Oct 2019
Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems every day. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions.
You love the idea of taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Technology is your thing, and the financial markets excite you. You have an appetite to truly analyse processes, and to understand why things work as they do. You have a natural eye for detail, but you remember never to lose sight of the bigger picture.
Does this sound like you? If so, you’re just the type of person who could thrive in an internship in our Global Data Department.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers and establishing relationships with key market players in the financial world.
What’s the role?
• Work hand-in-hand with our team of experienced Market Data Analysts
• Maintain and process financial data, and ensure the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which we are famous
• Manage interesting, hands-on tasks and projects which directly impact our systems and clients
• Identify ways to improve the processes you’ll be working with
Collaborate closely with other interns across Bloomberg to deliver on projects
What’s in it for you?
• Immersive learning - receive in-depth training on the Bloomberg Terminal and learn all about our products, clients and workflows
• Exposure to and contact with market players in the financial industry
• Ongoing mentorship during your 10 weeks with us, and tangible feedback on your performance
• The opportunity to join us on a full-time basis once you graduate
You need to have:
• Excellent numerical and communication skills
• A positive attitude and an ability to collaborate well with others
• A knack for solving problems, analysing complex processes, and thinking of creative solutions
• Meticulous attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
• Business fluency in English
• Working rights in Singapore for the duration of the internship
• You’ll also need to be in your penultimate year of undergraduate study (graduating in 2020), and available to work with us on a full-time basis for the entire 10-week internship period (May - August 2020)
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?