The Bank of New York Mellon
2020 Summer Analyst Program- Markets
13 Aug 2019
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation, doing business as BNY Mellon, is an American worldwide banking and financial services holding company headquartered in New York City. It was formed on July 1, 2007, as a result of the merger of The Bank of New York and Mellon Financial Corporation. It is the world's largest custodian bank and asset servicing company, with $1.7 trillion in assets under management and $33.1 trillion in assets under custody as of December 2018.
NY Mellon’s Summer Analyst Program (SAP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding internship experience as well as an inside look into what it’s like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SAP participants, our summer analysts will gain valuable real-world experiences working in their respective line of business/function as well as learn to work together in collaborative teams.
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
• Meaningful and challenging work assignments;
• Networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders and executives;
• Exposure to different areas of business;
• Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training; and
• Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Program at a Glance:
• 10-week summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon* that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
• One-day in-person orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum;
• Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders
APAC Program Locations:
• Hong Kong
• Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
• Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities and build networks across the organization;
• Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts;
• Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry;
SAP aims to create a pipeline of talent to feed entry-level pipeline program and entry-level full-time position hiring needs. Upon successful completion of the program as well as overall performance and business need, there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our summer analysts may apply for.
• Full-time undergraduate (UK and APAC) degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors;
• Penultimate year students during summer 2020;
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better (U.S. and APAC) or 2:1 (UK);
• Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
• Strong written and oral communication skills
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?