GCG Singapore Transformation Head
2 Jul 2019
Citigroup Inc. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002. Citigroup owns Citicorp, the holding company for Citibank, as well as several international subsidiaries.
Citigroup is ranked 3rd on the list of largest banks in the United States and, alongside JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo, it is one of the Big Four banks of the United States. It is a systemically important financial institution and is on the list of systemically important banks that are too big to fail. It is one of the nine global investment banks in the Bulge Bracket.
• The Singapore Transformation Head will be a key partner to the Singapore Consumer Head in driving key business transformation initiatives including: reengineering, operating model resign, productivity enhancements, driving digital, shutting down analog, channel transformation, and technology demand management. The Singapore Transformation Head will also play a key role in expense management and headcount control.
• The Singapore Transformation Head will be responsible for ensuring alignment between business strategy and support functions, and will partner closely with the Human Resources and Finance teams from a control and tracking perspective. The Singapore Transformation Head will partner closely will all other business and support areas in the execution of key projects, and will play the primary coordination role for cross-department initiatives.
• The Consumer business in Citibank Singapore is a profitable, growing, and dynamic business that has set the standard for innovation and execution both inside Citi and in the highly competitive local market.
• The Singapore consumer franchise has over $25 billion in footings: $9 billion in assets, $12 billion in liabilities, and $5 billion in AUM. The business currently generates $700 million in revenue across all banking products: loans, cards, deposits, mortgages, investments and insurance.
• A focused transformation program can unlock additional potential in the Singapore Consumer business and bring the business to even greater levels of success.
• Business Strategy Development and Execution:
• Lead Singapore Consumer’s Transformation Steering Committee, and the change management process in general.
• Lead execution of key business initiatives, particularly initiatives that cross product and departmental boundaries. These include reengineering, restructuring, operating model redesign, channel transformation, organizational simplification, digital offload, analog shutdown, and technology development initiatives.
• Identify opportunities for transformation and business enhancement, working with local, regional, and global partners.
• Lead resource allocation and prioritization reviews for local and regional business initiatives.
• Analyze and support implementation of global best practices and system functionalities locally.
Planning and control:
• Create appropriate governance and controls to drive culture of headcount and expense management discipline
• Partner effectively with Finance and Human Resources to effectively monitor business delivery of expense and headcount targets, flagging risks when necessary.
• Develop and manage the portfolio of transformation initiatives, tracking progress against agreed milestones, and escalating issues when appropriate.
• This is a key role in a key market, and represents a great opportunity to drive key transformation initiatives that are relevant to Citi franchises globally. Success in this role can serve as a stepping stone to larger functional roles, product roles, and/or business management roles in the future.
Knowledge and experience:
• Extensive track record of strong delivery in current and past roles.
• Extensive experience in change management, reengineering and business transformation initiatives.
• Extensive experience in implementing expense management and headcount control processes.
• Demonstrated experience in developing high performing teams and strong ability to attract, motivate, and develop talent.
• Demonstrated success in working in a matrix environment and a strong ability to create cross-functional and cross-geography teams.
• Excellent strategy, business development and quantitative skills.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, relationship management and presentation skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to maintain effective relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams.
• Passion and a good sense of humor are essential.
• University degree
• MBA or graduate degree a plus
• Delivering results
• Leading change
• Acting as an owner
• Working as a partner
• Delivering client value
• Building great teams
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?