Analyst / Associate, Prime Operations Maker/Checker, Institutional Banking Group Operations
14 Aug 2019
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
• Perform day-to-day operational activities in relation to cheque printing & issuance
- Perform/Oversee cheque printing (OT hours may be required)
- Perform/Oversee Daily Packing, Reconciliation, Dispatch of cheques
- Perform/Oversee Inventory Control, including liaising with vendors
- Perform/Oversee daily reconciliation
- Maintenance of documentation and checklists
- Service internal and external customers
- Assist in verification/authorization of transactions
- Support demand draft/cashier’s order activities
- Periodic archiving/retrieval of documents
- Monthly billing
• Updating of SOPs/Process Risk Maps
• Engagement in issue, incident and error management and the related follow up and reporting. Timely reporting & escalation of risk events/incidents, control issues etc
• Engagement in Risk and Control initiatives and projects, no limited to control deep dives, pre-audit reviews, risk self-assessments; coordination of internal, external and regulatory audits.
• Contribute towards continuous improvements and project / initiative rollouts.
• Diploma holder and above
• Relevant experience in a banking operations environment preferred
• Good knowledge of remittance products
• Ability to work overtime/shift (including Saturdays)
• Team-player – willing to give/take & go the extra mile
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong risk & controls mindset
• Proficient in MS Office applications for MS Word and Excel
• Ability to work under stress & tight timelines
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Office Location: DBS Asia Hub @ Changi Business Park
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?