Associate / Analyst, Trade Finance Document Checker, Institutional Banking Group Operations, Technology and Operations
06 Aug 2019
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
• Review and checking of Trade Finance application forms and supporting Trade documents for Import, Export and Standby L/C products.
• Review and check Transfer LC application to ensure guidelines are complied with and terms and conditions are as per Export LC
• Review and check LC Confirmation to ensure that terms and conditions are acceptable and workable.
• Ability to identify discrepancies, highlight irregularities and red flag items in documents for approval
• Ensure trade documentations are compliance to UCP rules, ISP 98 rules, Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines, Terrorist Financing & Sanctions Regulations, and other related internal policies.
• Co-operate with team members to achieve daily tasks assigned.
• Timely and accurate execution of work assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively with external clients and internal stakeholders
• 'A' Level or above; Degree or related Diploma would be an advantage
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant Trade Finance Document Checking related experience
• Excellent understanding of UCP rules, ISP 98 rules, Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines, and Terrorist Financing and Sanction Regulations
• CDCS Qualified, would be an advantage
• Hard-working, self-motivated and a team player
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Meticulous and detailed oriented
• Capable to work effectively under pressure and tight deadline
• Familiar with MS Office applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Words
• Ability to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?