Associate, Finance Data Analyst, Group Finance
3 Sep 2019
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage.
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
• A key member of the data analysis team and be able to breakdown Finance data problems into parts that can be resolved.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex Finance data sets
• You will work with a team of analysts, comprising of businesses, business analysts, process subject matter experts, technology leads to deliver current state analysis, process re-engineering, establish and facilitate resolution to data quality issues
• Leverage technical capabilities to drive the development, evolution, and implementation of data enhancements, that will enable self-service by data consumers
• Evaluate data management, data quality and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies and opportunities;provide recommendations for improvement
• Implement solutions and processes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights and business definitions
• Establish effective and adaptable stakeholder working group
• Provide support to users and assist business unit controllers in translating finance data requirements into deliverables
• Ensure technical solutions provided are appropriate and support process changes
• Ensure successful delivery of resolutions and enhancements from analysis and specification of users' requirements, solutioning, test planning, facilitation of simulation, preparation for implementation, live verification and documentation
• Maintain a robust communication between all the stakeholders to ensure coordination and delivery of task and activities, proper engagement and drive effective management decision making on relevant issues escalation
• Degree in Banking, Computer Science or Engineering-related field with relevant experience in Finance and MIS reporting and data analysis in financial services industry
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• In-depth knowledge of banking products, general ledger, finance processes
• Strong presentation, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Delivery focused and results oriented
• Attention to details and highly organized and able to work under pressure in a time-critical environment
• Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity and use it to their advantage
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?