Associate, Financial Reporting and Control Analyst, Group Finance
24 Oct 2019
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage.
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
• Drive consistency in application of General Ledger Account Ownership (GLAO) and Manual Journal Entries (MJE) standards and guidelines across locations, business and support units. Ensure effectiveness and adequacy of controls.
• Conduct Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR) to strengthen controls and compliance in the area of GLAO, MJE and regulatory reporting. Share lessons learnt.
• Assist team lead to develop QAR framework for regulatory reporting, kick start group program across locations.
• Assist in the Group MJE Forum. Drive MJE reduction in partnership with business and support units especially Group T&O.
• Provide support on financial control policies, standards and processes. Partner other business and support units to understand regulatory developments, assess implications for Finance and provide inputs from the financial control perspective.
• Support continuous improvements and standardization efforts across locations, business and support units to strengthen the financial control environment.
• Assist in rollout of financial control related initiatives such as Peer-to-Peer reviews and collaboration with Internal Audit on data analytics to deepen financial analysis. Track progress and ensure timely delivery and quality outcomes.
• Promote and drive financial control mindset and awareness across the Group. Assist in preparing on-line learning materials for operational risk management, GLAO and MJE.
• Demonstrate a good financial control mindset and have good understanding of balance sheet substantiation.
• Possess good communication and analytical skills. Able to distill and frame issues clearly to internal stakeholders.
• Able to interact well across different departments and locations.
• Can-do attitude, possess initiative, drive and ability to work independently and be a good team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Hyperion tools.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?