Client Service Operator
20 Dec 2019
Deutsche Bank is a German multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany.
The bank is operational in 58 countries with a large presence in Europe, the Americas and Asia. As of April 2018, Deutsche Bank is the 17th largest bank in the world by total assets. As the largest German banking institution, it is a component of the DAX stock market index.
The company is a universal bank resting on three pillars – the Private & Commercial Bank, the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) and Asset Management (DWS). Its investment banking operations often command substantial deal flow and maintain different "sell side" and "buy side" departments.
The Client Service Operator is responsible for ensuring timely, complete and accurate processing of relevant information, including performing all relevant controls within own area of responsibility. They undertake time critical, complex or regulated tasks and must ensure the timely escalation of operational, regulatory and other risks to the line manager and functional leads as appropriate.
Also, responsible for building and managing relationships with the traders, portfolio managers and external counterparties such as brokers, fund accountants and custodians.
• Responsible for ensuring timely, complete and accurate processing of relevant information (including performing all relevant controls) within the investment operations area with a focus on trade downstream processes including trade settlement, corporate actions, reconciliation and data quality management, Broker KYCs and Onboarding.
• Oversight function for Fund Performance Returns - Verification of fund performance returns produced by our head office/DBOI India for our funds/mandates.
• Applies all internal and external policies/guidelines and requirements of the regulators (based on Key Operating Procedures), to established Service Level Agreements, Key Risk Indicators and/or Key Performance Indicators and quality measures.
• Ensures the timely escalation of operational, regulatory and other risks to line manager and functional leads as appropriate; contributes to the development and implementation of mitigation or control solutions.
• Provides input, as appropriate, to product/function/ process development to ensure a superior offering in the face of changing client needs and market trends.
• Where relevant, liaises with internal Deutsche Bank stakeholders; collaborates with internal functions to provide specific expertise, in the delivery of assigned initiatives/tasks.
• Uses knowledge and experience from own area of responsibility to inform the design and implementation of plans to eliminate waste and improve efficiency and performance of existing processes and reports.
• Works effectively within own team, sharing knowledge, providing support and guidance to colleagues to create and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
• Works to understand where own role fits in respective front to back processes.
• Executes under the guidance of the line manager/relevant subject matter expert.
• Actively supports achievement of Bank’s/Division’s strategy, plans and values, and ensures they maintain a clear understanding and ongoing alignment of activities with the organisation’s priorities.
• Demonstrates personal support to the achievement and maintenance of a high performance culture in which people management and development is a key priority. Demonstrates personal commitment to supporting colleagues within the team.
• Demonstrates personal commitment to the Bank’s values.
• Adheres to Bank Policies and Procedures and drives compliance within the team.
• Takes ownership for own development and career management, seeking opportunities to develop personal capability and improve performance contribution.
• Comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle by interacting with traders, portfolio managers to work towards the shared goal of risk mitigation
• Knowledge of fund performance reporting and troubleshooting of macros for the purpose of performance measurement reporting.
• Understand and improve problem solving capability for complex trade lifecycle of products, fund accounting issues and transaction discrepancies
Point of contact for escalation cases from internal stakeholders
• Experience in one or more relevant operational products or functions.
• Exposure to relevant product system knowledge, experience in working on Blackrock’s Aladdin platform is a plus
• Basic analytical skills; flexible outlook on production problem solving.
• Good communication skills, fluent in English and local language where appropriate (written/verbal).
• Strong interest in Investment Operations functions and highly motivated individual with a drive to achieve
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Able to share information, transfer knowledge and share expertise with team members.
Education / Certification
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent).
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?