Analyst, Data Science
13 Jun 2019
DFS ("DFS Group") is a Hong Kong-based travel retailer of luxury products. Established in 1960, its network consists of duty-free stores located in 11 major airports and 20 downtown Galleria stores, as well as resort locations worldwide. It is privately held and majority owned by the luxury conglomerate Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), alongside DFS co-founder and shareholder Robert Miller. As of January 11, 1997, DFS Group operates as a subsidiary of LVMH.
DFS is headquartered in Hong Kong and has offices in Australia, Cambodia, China, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Macau, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United States of America and Vietnam. DFS Group employs over 9,000 people, operating in 14 countries worldwide. In 2017, nearly 160 million travelers visited DFS stores.
The Analyst Data Science will be responsible for building, expanding and maintaining DFS’s Data Assets within the AI platform. Working closely with other data scientists and the business team, this role aims to translate business insights into reusable assets that will feed into algorithms. Leveraging a strong understanding of different algorithms, this role will enable DFS to generate consistent and returning value from AI algorithms over time
Key Responsibilities: The data scientist will be responsible to make sure that all data feeding into the algorithms is consistent over time and protect data quality across use cases. When the data assets are running smoothly, the data scientist will leverage these assets to develop new use cases or revisit old algorithms and update them with new data points that have become available. Working closely with the business team to understand the customer and business model of DFS will be key to make sure that the most granular data insights are reflected in the data assets.
• Bachelor of science in business analytics, Bachelor of science in Data Science and Analytics
• 0-4 years of relevant working experience
• Alteryx certified
• Experienced in working with Alteryx
• Strong background in ETL (SQL & Python)
• Knowledgeable about big data systems (AWS/Google/Azure)
• Experience with Alteryx/SAS enterprise Modeler or SPSS modeler is a plus
• Good at translating complex AI concepts into simple business understanding
• Has a passion for AI and is data oriented.
• Hands on experience with Propensity modeling, clustering, forecasting and other machine learning use cases.
• Experience with real time data assets is a plus.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?