Associate Principal Research Engineer
13 May 2019 Employer Description
We are agents of change. We start by turning convention on its head. We're family owned, beholden to no one, so we can forge our own path - different and authentic.
Never satisfied, we constantly strive to find a better way. We solve problems that others choose to ignore with ingenious new technologies that defy convention and simply work better. In 1993, James Dyson launched the first bag-less vacuum cleaner but a lot has changed since then. As we continue to grow, we’re exploring new frontiers and traversing the unknown.
Join our ambitious and rapidly growing research team, at the Dyson’s Singapore Technology Center, focused on building real robots to go into people’s homes.
Dyson's robots are amazingly capable in cluttered world with vision sensors and IMU information as long as light is present…. Imaging in low light is challenging due to low photon count and low SNR. Short-exposure images suffer from noise, while long exposure can induce blur and is often impractical. A variety of denoising, deblurring, and enhancement techniques have been proposed, but their effectiveness is limited in extreme conditions…
Dyson is now seeking for someone to develop a pipeline for processing low-light images, based on end-to-end training of a fully-convolutional neural network.
You will be working on image and video processing within Deep Learning, experimenting with innovative techniques. You will be developing Python and deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, solving real-world challenges.
Dyson Robotics Research seeks an excellent roboticist with experience applying rigorous mathematical tools to dynamic machines. Reporting to the Robotics Research Team Manager, you will be working within a cutting edge Robotics & Vision systems team developing and delivering bespoke solutions on projects from the design concept, through installation.
• Ideally practical / commercial experience or top level education in Image & Video Processing
• Tech skills in Python as well as deep learning frameworks – PyTorch, Tensorflow
• Deep learning experience implementing state of the art techniques
• Passion for developing cutting-edge research
• Start-up mentality
• Commitment to a 3 or 6-month full-time internship from June / July 2019
• Students of Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Software or related disciplines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work in a team & build effective relationships
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?