24 Dec 2019
Ernst & Young Global Limited, commonly known as Ernst & Young or simply EY, is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, England, United Kingdom. EY is one of the largest professional services firms in the world. Along with Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers, it is considered one of the Big Four accounting firms. It primarily provides assurance (which includes financial audit), tax, consulting and advisory services to its clients. Like many of the larger accounting firms in recent years, EY has expanded into markets adjacent to accounting, including strategy, operations, HR, technology, and financial services consulting.
As part of their External Audit team, you’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how they develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on their promises to all of their stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for their people, for their clients and for their communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You’ll help their clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussions with the management on accounting and reporting matters, and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees. In doing so, you play an important role in providing services to clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing capital life cycle and improving business operations.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to indicate your preferred industry sectors. Please state your preference clearly.
• Consumer Products & Retail
• Technology, Media and Telecommunications
• Resources & Transportation
• Real Estate Hospitality & Construction
• Diversified Industries and Services
Skills and attributes for success
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
• Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
• Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment.
• Integrity within a professional environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have the following
• Final year students pursuing a degree in Accountancy
• Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Strong analytical skills
• Good project management skills
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?