Services, Business Finance Spend Management, Procure to Pay, Analyst
05 Aug 2019
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE), the Office of Global Security (OGS) and Business Finance & Spend Management(BFSM),our teams drive productivity and enable the firm’s flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE’s vision is to provide the world’s best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS’s mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
Are you passionate about operations, risk management, process improvements and working with global teams within a fast paced investment bank? We are looking for a professional who wants to maximize their skillsets and expertise in accounts payables, vendor and expense management to help deliver on operations agenda. A successful candidate in Goldman Sachs’ Servies Division is someone who is curious, energetic, proactive and strives to constantly bring in positive impacts to the team and the broader organization.
Procure to Pay is part of the Services division of Goldman Sachs based at 3 offices across the globe (Singapore, Bengaluru and Dallas). The core functions of Procure to Pay are:
• The processing and control of the payments to vendors/service providers the firm engages to run the businesses
• The settlement of employees’ travel and entertainment expenses
• The maintenance of vendor master & reference data
We interact with the stakeholders from all the divisions in the firm and work effectively with our partner companies who support the operational processes/employee’s expense programs. Current key focus in P2P is transforming the traditional manual processing to automated, scalable and self-service workflow in order to manage risks effectively and bring in commercial values to the firm.
In Singapore P2P, we interact with local vendors/banks in markets such as Japan, China, Korea etc where the local language capability is required to perform the functions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Manage payments to vendors/service providers for Asia entities – vender profile set up and invoice processing in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable system.
• Manage the Travel and Entertainment expenses for Asia offices on an accurate and timely basis in accordance with firm policies.
• Acquire in depth understanding of the regulations, tax handling and accounting controls in multiple jurisdictions in Asia associated with vendor/expense payments.
• Understand and adhere the firm’s policies on vendor governance, payment management and documentations.
• Review and maintain operational procedures in compliance with the Firm’s Bank Holding Company requirements.
• Exception management – Work with internal business units and external vendors to resolve any payment issues/queries.
• Risk Management - Continuously re-evaluate process controls and balance the risk versus benefits to protect the firm. Recommend and implement corrective & preventive actions for identified errors and issues.
• Conduct data analysis to identify the trend/root cases in order to effectively engage the stakeholders to address problems and opportunities for improvements.
• Participate/take leads in local and global projects for system/process enhancements.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• Fluency in Chinese for business context (reading, writing and spoken)
• Effective team-player with ability to impact and influence across organization and levels.
• Good organization and multi-tasking skills, ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Strong communication, problem solving skills and focus towards attention to details.
• Committed, driven and self-motivated individual who constantly aim to improve the processes and enhance controls.
• Knowledge and experience in Accounts Payable, Vendor management and Invoice processing.
• Knowledge of accounting / finance and related controls, with an enthusiasm to expand into other areas.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?