Risk / Fraud Analyst
21 Apr 2019
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
Get to know our Team:
At GrabFinancial we believe that upholding trust and integrity is at the heart of doing business with all our customers. GrabFinancial Risk team is a dynamic regional group that focuses on protecting transactions of millions of Grab customers across Southeast Asia. The team employs cutting-edge digital trust, customer-centric solutions, and expert talents from all across the industry to ensure fraud and abuse are kept outside the door.
Get to know the Role:
• Be an integral part of Grab Financial fraud prevention framework across Southeast Asia
• Optimise risk actions and processes to achieve highest customer acceptance while minimising losses.
• Perform data mining and research techniques to identify fraudulent behaviours.
• Create data-driven strategies to prevent or limit account take-over, credit card fraud, merchant risk, collusion schemes, syndicated fraud attacks.
• Perform forensics, deep dives, and forecasting, on various risk or business matters.
• Implement actions such as configurations and business rules.
• Report facts to seniors and managers in a clear, concise and factual manner.
• Provide inputs to relevant policies and procedures, as needed.
• Ensure necessary databases are available and maintained for research and regulatory purposes.
• Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude is a must.
• Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and operating in fast-changing, unstructured environments.
• Structured, factual and data-driven. Ability to deep dive into data and elaborate clear findings.
• Sound knowledge in e-payments and fintech, and related fraud, desired but not absolutely required.
• Proficient in RDBMS such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
• Ninja level in Excel.
• Python / R is a plus.
• Meticulous attention to detail and double-checking as a second nature.
• Ability to work independently and to seek guidance when required.
• Hands-on experience with fraud detection tools e.g. scoring models and rules engines is a plus.
• Knowledge of credit card scheme rules and banking processes is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English and ideally one local SEA language.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?