Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Consumer goods
30 Aug 2019
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a British multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Brentford, London. Established in 2000 by a merger of Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham, GSK was the world's sixth largest pharmaceutical company as of 2015, after Pfizer, Novartis, Merck, Hoffmann-La Roche and Sanofi.
Responsible for certain specific Finance activities:
• Support pricing administration and understanding of how price structure for consumer goods are set and reviewed.
• Manage Database Management system through the administration and understanding of COGNOS
• Support and assist the Sales Finance Partner in Trade Spends Management, including understanding trade spends invested for Sales in Business as well as data and document review
• Manage the SAP Accounting System
• Support the Inventory Management, balance sheet management, reporting and forecasting
• Support in Finance and Administration for Business Partners
• Involve in Ad-hoc projects for business related initiatives
You will be required to support and assist Finance Partners in the following activities:
• Pricing structures – Check before allowing circulation for signatures; maintain database & update relevant parties as well as proper filing
• Pricing maintenance – update ZPRO/ZMIN/ZITP; update NSP/TP; update ZP, update pricing database
• Pricing corrections – investigate & resolve source of pricing issues wrongly maintained in CERPS/ZP/Customers
• Pricing follow-ups – pricing requests; pricing issues
Database Management system – administration and understanding of COGNOS.
• Daily sales report
• Data gathering ad-hoc requests from Cognos
• Raise remedy tickets for issues & ensure follow-up to closure
TSM – Trade Spends Management
• Understanding trade spends invested for Sales in business
• System/TSM viewer access to pick up reports, data, documents for review
• Assisting Sales Finance Partner on TSM work
CERPS – opportunity to use and learn SAP (accounting) system
• Knowing GL and sub-ledger
• Check GL/Reports to make sure is complete and correct, and aligned to expectation
• Checking inventory level and days at Distributor.
• Reconcile inventory between system and sales movement records.
• Assist to update Trial Balance record
• Simple commentaries on BS movement
• Tracking movement on Accruals
• Using SAP – CF Value model, to maintain records
• Understanding the full PnL
• Check for variances and explain
• Assist in preparation of monthly management reporting
• Understanding business
Finance and Admin support for Business partners.
• Assist to raise and follow up on tickets/incidents raised.
• Assist to follow up with compliance check list
• Following up with Sales admin and Marketing admin, to ensure issues and problems are resolved- examples will be payment, Purchase Orders, sample requests.
Ad-hoc projects for Business related initiatives
• Assisting on ROI assessment, SLOB assessment (Slow and Obsolette stocks review, process, and reduction)
• Possible initiatives which will enhance the business performance and the result.
Business Skills and Competencies
• Preferred educational background – Accounting and / or Finance
• Proficient in use of IT and software/systems, ideally document management and database systems.
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel Skills
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proactive attitude to process improvement.
• Awareness and ability to work within culturally diverse teams.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams, and focus on delivering assigned work.
• A keen interest in the consumer healthcare industry, and a passion for learning and knowledge.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?