International Business Machines Corporation
06 Jun 2019
IBM greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
The Network Division of IBM in Singapore is growing rapidly and seeks to hire an intern/co-op to assist the Network Operations team. The ideal candidate will have experience in the fundamentals of routing and switching and will be eager to work with Python for developing network automation tooling.
• Assist the Network team with day-to-day responsibilities for IBM Customers’ world-class production networks: troubleshooting, maintenance, and configuration of switches, routers, and firewalls
• Work on the continued development of automation tooling to control and monitor the network using Python, Ansible, and other tools
• Help with testing, evaluation, and roll-out of technology such as SDN, SD-WAN, VXLAN, and others
• Keeping up to date documentation and diagramming of the Network Infrastructure.
• Knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
• Basic proficiency in UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
• Python or Ruby and some Ansible experience is a plus
• Ability to pick up new concepts around network design, management, and automation
• Initiative: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own.
• Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause
• Clear and effective communicator: ability to effectively work with fellow employees in a friendly and co-operative manner
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?