Information Technology (IT)
Internship: Research Intern (Blockchain)
16 May 2019
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software rarely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to craft industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by building together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they’re supported to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We’re building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
At IBM Research, we invent things that matter to the world. Today, we are pioneering the most promising and disruptive technologies that will transform industries and society, including the future of AI, blockchain and quantum computing. We are driven to discover. With more than 3,000 researchers in 13 locations across six continents, IBM Research is one of the world’s largest and most influential corporate research lab.
IBM Center for Blockchain Innovation (ICBI) is a part of the IBM Research Center in Singapore and was formed in collaboration with economic development board (EDB) Singapore. ICBI works with government authorities, academia and other industrial players to foster innovation in the region and to accelerate the adoption of blockchain for finance and trade.
As a student intern at ICBI, you will get an opportunity to work closely with experienced Researchers and Software Engineers who focus on solving complex business problems using blockchain as an underlying technology.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience with building systems such as web or blockchain applications.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• For PhD candidates, a proven record that you are able to work independently in solving research problems.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Experience with web backend and frontend frameworks such as Node.js, Django, React.
• Experience with chaincode / smart contract development with popular blockchain networks such as Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, Quorum.
• Experience with Dev/Ops.
• Familiarity with software development best practices.
• For PhD candidates, pursuing your thesis topic in the related areas such as cryptography, distributed systems, algorithms, databases, discrete mathematics.
To apply for an internship, you would need to be:
• Pursuing a diploma/degree (Poly/Bachelors/Masters/PhD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
• Eligible to undertake a full-time internship for at least 3 months in 2019.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?