InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
Intern, Capital Investment & Transactions (6 months)
17 Oct 2019
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making everyone feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, whoever and wherever they are in the world.
Support the Global Capital Investments & Transactions (“CIT”) team in driving IHG’s inorganic growth efforts, providing strategic support on global M&A initiatives, and executing key strategic expansion initiatives. The team’s key responsibilities include driving IHG’s investment behind strategic initiatives; sourcing transaction opportunities; analysing potential hotel, brand and portfolio acquisition targets; managing current and attracting new capital partners; overseeing asset management and reviewing disposition opportunities; understanding competitors’ positioning; and conducting general financial analysis. The Intern is responsible for assisting CIT Managers in Singapore on all aspects, including due diligence efforts, negotiation of contracts, follow-up on deal particulars and communication of deal terms to global functions and regional operations, finance and accounting personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Market Analysis – Use various internal and external databases to perform market analysis and competitive set reviews by identifying competitive assets, reviewing supply and demand generators, and analysing key financial trends.
• Financial Modelling / Investment Analysis – Must demonstrate an intermediate understanding of general corporate finance and valuation concepts, with an emphasis on hotel and real estate transactions. Should be comfortable reviewing financial statements and able to convey findings, suggestions, and concerns with such analysis.
• Assist in preparing Presentations, Briefing Notes and Capital Papers – Demonstrate ability to prepare presentations for both internal and external constituents. Participate in the writing of necessary internal notes, memorandums and capital approval papers for the CIT team to be presented to various regional committees, the Executive Committee, and IHG’s Board of Directors.
• Perform other special projects as needed or assigned by CIT, Development, Finance, Operations, Strategy, or Brand Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Hotel Management.
• Previous internship experience in real estate transactions and/or investment appraisal and capital markets in the hotel industry/investment banking/real estate fund/real estate consultancy or similar would be a plus.
• Interest in the hospitality industry with knowledge of market drivers, competitive landscape and hotel financial statements.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to senior management and staff.
• Knowledge of financial principles and modelling processes.
• Intermediate understanding of investment analysis techniques including NPV, IRR, and DCF.
• Intermediate understanding and ability to complete financial modelling in Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Analytical and commercial judgment skills.
• Highly organized and strong attention to details.
• Positive attitude, team player, open-minded
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information. 立即联系百思拓的导师们！登陆 www.besttopcareer.com 查看更多讯息。