Human Data Science
Analyst Intern, Advanced Analytics
08 Aug 2019
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc., is an American multinational product based company serving the combined industries of health information technologies and clinical research. It is a provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services, focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services, including consulting services. They have a network of more than 50,000 employees in approximately 100 countries. As of 2017, IQVIA was reported to be one of the world's largest contract research organizations.
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA’s Primary Intelligence team is currently recruiting for Analyst Interns in Singapore. The successful student applicant will have the opportunity to work with experienced healthcare consultants on integrated client solutioning to deliver comprehensive market insights & recommendations to our clients in the healthcare industry. Assignments range in complexity from research analysis, field work to assisting the development of reporting & presentation.
Assignment Scope & Learning Opportunities:
(Under the guidance of Senior Consultant/Engagement Leads)
The role of intern will be mirroring analyst role (lesser scope) and as an assistant to Consultant
• Liaise internally within team (local or regional project team) whenever necessary on project execution & operation related matters
• Manage fieldwork and liaise with contracted interviewers/ vendors on on-going basis during a particular project
• Monitor fieldwork and meet timelines committed to clients with good primary survey quality
• Check based on PM’s guide to ensure all fieldwork materials and documentations are ready prior to fieldwork briefing
- Ensure proper documentations (answer sheets, respondent acknowledgement forms, banking slips etc) that meet project compliance
- Perform necessary QC, call back (based on guide given by project manager)
• Perform secondary research to meet the needs of project analysis and reporting, as well as proposal preparation (with key research direction and guidance provided)
• Perform coding of respondent verbatim and grouping the verbatim in meaningful manner (with PM’s guide)
• Prepare tabulation specs and check data tables (guidance provided)
• Run simple quantitative analysis using Excel (analysis instruction/guide provided), and updating reporting charting
• Undergraduate degree in appropriate area e.g. healthcare, sciences, finance or business, statistics, communication research
• Prior internship experience in the market research or healthcare industry will be advantageous
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
• Strong problem solving, analytical & project management skills
• Good level of adaptability and an ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge
• Proficiency in PC applications, Excel and Powerpoint
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?