25 Nov 2019
L.E.K. Consulting is a management consulting firm. Headquartered in London and Boston, Massachusetts (for its US counterpart), L.E.K. was founded in 1983 by three individual partners from Bain & Company: James Lawrence, Iain Evans, and Richard Koch. The company's primary service lines consist of corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and operations. It employs a generalist model across all major industries, including a large presence in defense, aviation, life sciences, healthcare, energy, entertainment, transport, retail, consumer products and financial services. The company also has a large private equity practice.
L.E.K.’s Associate role offers exposure to multiple industry sectors and a wide variety of commercial challenges. The nature and pace of L.E.K.’s strategic work facilitates the rapid development of a highly analytical skill-set, which is underpinned by a structured training programme. Together, these elements provide exceptional preparation for any future opportunity in graduate school, industry, non-profit organisations or investment firms.
Associates are crucial to the success of L.E.K. project teams. They are responsible for the comprehensive research and analysis that form the basis of each engagement. Under the guidance of senior team members, Associates collect data on markets, competitors and customers, and perform the first stage of in-depth strategic and financial analysis. This enables the team as a whole to evaluate trends, develop conclusions, and prepare practical recommendations. As they gain more experience, Associates are expected to assume a more active managerial role in overseeing the progress of a project and the work of new Associates.
Specific responsibilities of an Associate include:
• Gathering primary data on markets, competitors and customers through database and internet searches, market research and other commercial reports, internal client data, and telephone and in-person interviews, in both English and Vietnamese.
• Developing detailed strategic and financial analysis, this will be utilized to determine the recommendations. Examples include: developing a spreadsheet model of market sizes and competitor profitability analysis.
• Working with the case team to derive insights, conclusions and recommendations based on the analyses. An Associate must transform what he or she has learned into a valuable and integral element of the client’s strategic direction.
• Associates will also be actively involved in supporting the client development activities of Partners, through research, analysis and creation of presentation materials, in Vietnamese and English.
• Participating in meeting with clients across Southeast Asia in English and Vietnamese.
• We recruit graduates from all degree disciplines. We do not have a rigid checklist of qualities a potential Associate must possess. Rather, our recruiting experience has shown that outstanding academic achievement, comfort with quantitative analysis, notable extracurricular interests and demonstrated leadership and initiative is an excellent base for an Associate with L.E.K. Consulting.
• For this particular role in our Singapore office, Fluency in English and Vietnamese (spoken and written) is essential. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their motivations for working in Southeast Asia.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?