Marina Bay Sands
Financial Analyst (FP&A - Capex)
24 Jul 2019
Marina Bay Sands is a premier entertainment destination with vibrant diversity of attractions and facilities.
Located along the Marina Bay waterfront, Marina Bay Sands features three cascading hotel towers with 2,560 rooms, topped by the extraordinary Sands SkyPark, ‘floating’ crystal pavilions, a lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, retail stores featuring cutting-edge labels and international luxury brands, trendy Celebrity Chef restaurants, endless entertainment at Sands Theatre and the hottest night clubs.
As a Financial Analyst, you will report directly to the Senior Manager and will have the opportunity to work with the Vice President on selected projects.
Project Cost Tracking & Reporting –
• Manage the set-up of all capital projects in the general ledger and other databases used to track capital expenditure, including the additional capital funding and phase approvals
• Review, record, and recommend for approval purchase requisitions and contracts raised for approved capital projects
• Collect the actual spend data for approved projects which will involve reviewing open commitments and reconciling with the capital expenditure report prepared by the Fixed Assets team
• Prepare and issue periodic reports of on-going project costs to project or department stakeholders ensuring accuracy of reported spend information
• Work with key project stakeholders to ensure all project related costs have been reported and variance analysis has been provided upon project close out
Project Request Funding
• Assist department requestors in obtaining management approvals for project request funding (PRF), including collaborating with project leads and other team members to define project scope, cost estimates, operational analyses, project justification, and other supporting documents
• Maintain electronic records of approved PRFs
Budgeting and Forecasting –
• Assist in planning and coordinating the financial planning process, including the annual capital budget, capital forecasts and strategic plans.
• Assist with developing and maintaining department capital budgets and bi-weekly forecasts for department heads, senior management and corporate.
• Work with project managers to update forecast for approved projects
• Create presentation materials used for review, appraisal, planning and approval by Senior Management.
• Recommend and support new and on-going projects to enhance current processes within the FP&A team, including streamlining and automation of existing databases and capital expenditure records
• Actively participate in the department’s service quality audits and process improvement programs such as the internally developed IGNITE program
• Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business/Economics;
• Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience (FP&A or project cost accounting)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Highly articulate in verbal presentations as well as written communications
• Practical and solution-oriented, keen, attentive to details, resourceful
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build close relationships and interact at all levels in the organization
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
• Self-motivated team player
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?