Associate Analyst - Mastercard Graduate Development Program 2019 - Product Development, Data Science & Engineering - Data & Services
23 Apr 2019
Mastercard Incorporated is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Mastercard International Global Headquarters in Purchase, New York, United States. Throughout the world, its principal business is to process payments between the banks of merchants and the card issuing banks or credit unions of the purchasers who use the "Mastercard" brand debit, credit and prepaid to mak e purchases. Mastercard Worldwide has been a publicly traded company since 2006. Prior to its initial public offering, Mastercard Worldwide was a cooperative owned by the more than 25,000 financial institutions that issue its branded cards.
Mastercard Graduate Development Program – 18 months
Associate Analyst – Data Science & Engineering, Data & Services
As an analyst on the Data Science & Engineering team you will develop data & analytics solutions that sit atop vast datasets gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge will be to create high-performance algorithms, cutting-edge analytical techniques including machine learning and artificial intelligence, and intuitive workflows that allow our users to derive insights from big data that in turn drive their businesses. You will have the opportunity to create high-performance analytic solutions based on data sets measured in the billions of transactions and front-end visualizations to unleash the value of big data.
Join a fast-growing team
- Drive the evolution of Data & Services products/platform with an impact focused on data science and engineering
- Participate in development of data and analytic infrastructure for product development
- Participate in identification and evaluation of data elements to deliver analytics for product development
- Continuously innovate and determine new approaches & technologies to solve business problems and generate business insights & recommendations
- Partner with roles across the organization including consultants, engineering, and sales to determine the highest priority problems to solve
- Evaluate trade-offs between many possible analytics solutions to a problem, taking into account usability, technical feasibility, timelines, and differing stakeholder opinions to make a decision
- Break large solutions into smaller, releasable milestones to collect data and feedback from product managers, clients and other stakeholders
- Evangelize releases to users, incorporating feedback, and tracking usage to inform future development
- Work with small, cross-functional teams to define vision, establish team culture and processes
- Consistently focus on key drivers of organization value and prioritize operational activities according
- Identify and acts upon product improvement opportunities
- Sponsor organization building activities ie.; contributing to recruiting, and training
- Undergraduate Degree required, completed in 2018/2019
- Any experience in working on a technology product development preferred
- Beginner level proficiency in Python, Hadoop platforms & tools (Hive, Impala, Spark), SQL is preferred
- Curiosity, creativity, and excitement for technology and innovation
- Demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Motivation, flexibility, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Superior academic record at a leading national university
- Coding experience will be an asset
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?