Financial Data Analyst
21 Oct 2019
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Financial Data Analysts at Bureau van Dijk work both independently and as a team supporting the Moody’s Analytics BankFocus business. The role functions to provide both external client product support as well as internal team-based responsibilities to ensure the consistency and integrity of the bank financial data set in the product. An important element of the work of the group is to be the first level support for the company’s clients and to explain product features and functionality.
• The Financial Data Analyst uses financial and accounting knowledge, and judgement, to validate, review and analyse bank financial data as a subject matter expert.
• Maintain working knowledge of bank regulatory requirements combined with an understanding of bank financial reporting practices for assigned coverage
• Take ownership of client issues, liaising directly with stakeholders across the Bureau van Dijk organization; address client needs in a timely manner
• Comprehend and interpret financial data from multiple sources, be able to explain bank financial spreading practices and product features at a practical level
• Take ownership of structured feed ingestion for assigned coverage
• Analyse, organize, refine and deliver bank financial data solutions to clients, supporting the development and implementation of product enhancements
• Work on ad hoc data mapping projects when required
• Provide insight and feedback to improve the spreading of bank financial statements and quality control processes
• Work with the product management and development teams to implement process and product enhancements
• Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master’s) with an emphasis on banking, accounting, finance or economics or related quantitative field preferred.
• Relevant work experience highly-preferred in a customer-facing and/or banking accounting role
• Exposure to banking, credit and/or financial industry preferred.
• Strong customer service attitude with good interpersonal skills
• Prior experience working with analyzing bank financial statement and/or banking accounting preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm to learn, excel and be a part of a dynamic team.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Fluency in Chinese and English
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?