National University of Singapore
Management Assistant Officer (Research Administration)
24 Apr 2019
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is the first autonomous research university in Singapore. NUS is a comprehensive research university, offering a wide range of disciplines, including the sciences, medicine and dentistry, design and environment, law, arts and social sciences, engineering, business, computing and music in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Founded in 1905 as the King Edward VII College of Medicine, NUS is the oldest higher education institution in Singapore.
The appointee will be part of the research administration team at the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering. For this position, the appointee shall provide administrative and liaison support on matters relating to research grants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with various stakeholders such as procurement, Deputy Head (Research) and faculty staff members to ensure that the procured item is within grantor’s guidelines and budget phasing
• Provide support on research fund usage for compliance
• Assist in grantor’s audit exercise
• Work with faculty member such as Research Principal Investigators (PI) in nationality waiver application support as required
• Assist faculty members on foreign student research internship application
• Work with faculty members on account creation
• Monitor research project billing and liaise with Finance;
• Assist faculty staff members/research staff in submitting grant-related reimbursement claims
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required by Deputy Head (Research)
• A recognised Diploma preferably in research related
• Preferably 1-2 years of relevant work experience
• Meticulous, organised and able to multi-task
• Possess strong initiative
• Strong sense of urgency and able to follow through on all matters
• Good written and spoken communication
• Able to work in a diverse work culture
• Team player with good interpersonal and customer service skills;
• Open to fixed term contract with benefits
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?