Internship: Global Investment Banking - Corporate Finance
5 Apr 2019 Employer Description
OCBC Bank is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world’s most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody’s. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World’s Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. OCBC Bank and its subsidiaries offer a broad array of commercial banking, specialist financial and wealth management services, ranging from consumer, corporate, investment, private and transaction banking to treasury, insurance, asset management and stockbroking services. OCBC Bank’s key markets are Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Greater China. It has more than 570 branches and representative offices in 19 countries and regions. These include over 300 branches and offices in Indonesia under subsidiary Bank OCBC NISP, and more than 100 branches and offices in Hong Kong, China and Macao under OCBC Wing Hang. OCBC Bank’s private banking services are provided by its wholly-owned subsidiary Bank of Singapore, which operates on a unique open-architecture product platform to source for the best-in-class products to meet its clients’ goals. OCBC Bank's insurance subsidiary, Great Eastern Holdings, is the oldest and most established life insurance group in Singapore and Malaysia. Its asset management subsidiary, Lion Global Investors, is one of the largest private sector asset management companies in Southeast Asia.
Internship: Global Investment Banking - Corporate Finance [May to Dec 2019] - (1900005P)
The intern will have opportunities to work in a challenging and dynamic environment and get exposure to various corporate finance deals, e.g. IPO, M&A/ advisory, secondary fund raising, etc.
• He/ She will assist in conducting industry and company research and analysis.
• He/ She will assist in preparation of materials for internal and external meetings (e.g. pitchbooks, presentation materials, teasers, etc).
• He/ She will assist in developing financial models, valuation (e.g. DCF, sensitivity analysis, comparable) and due diligence work.
• He/ She will be supporting the members of team as required.
Preferred course of study: Finance, Accounting, Economics, but open to other courses with business and finance knowledge
1. Ability to commit 6 months on full-time basis.
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Highly motivated and has excellent writing and analytical skills.
5. Prior working experience will be advantageous.
• Basic computer skills like Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required
• Basic knowledge in Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters and MergerMarket will be beneficial and advantageous
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?