Backend Software Engineer Intern
10 Dec 2019
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Their open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Location is Singapore. This position is open to undergraduate candidates in Singapore universities. The internship period is January to May/June 2020 at a full-time basis.
During your internship, you would join a scrum team and work with other senior and experienced team members to contribute to the design, implementation and testing of critical services of large-scale systems. You would get the chance to demonstrate your potential of developing high-quality maintainable software and play a major part in the expansion of PayPal into new markets.
During your internship, you should expect to gain:
• Understanding and hands-on experience of various technologies used in large scale complex back-end systems (such as NoSQL/SQL DBs, Rule Management Systems, Enterprise Application Monitoring, REST APIs etc)
• Software design and development skills
• Code craftsmanship
• Application of agile methodologies in real projects
• Experience of working as part of a team in a large organization
• Experience in team-based software development, be it school-driven or self-initiated
• Hands-on experience of software development in a high-level programming language (e.g. Java, C++, etc.)
• Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
• Knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, Spring, Jenkins, SQL are desirable but not required
• Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
• Experience in open-source contributions is a bonus
• Passion to make a difference!
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?