Strategy Planning Analyst
4 Nov 2019
Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) was founded on the belief that financial security should be within reach for everyone, and for over 140 years, we have helped our customers reach their potential and tackle life's challenges for now and future generations to come. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions, offering individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. With operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America, we are known for delivering on our promises to our customers, and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world’s most admired companies. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock®, an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, and attract and develop the best talent in our industry. We offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work.
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone’s ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what’s happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Job Profile Summary:
The Corporate Strategy team, within the CEO office, helps to define the strategy for the organization and bring the needed operational capabilities from across the organization (and outside) to execute the strategy.
On a day to day basis, we help to translate strategy into specific strategic initiatives and take these initiatives from concept to incubation to execution. These strategic initiatives are primarily cross-functional and the Transformation Office leads the delivery of these initiatives by bringing together the deep operational capabilities from within and outside the organization.
Our team comprises of highly motivated individuals who are great collaborators and strong communicators. We are innovative in identifying efficient ways of working, are empowered to make the decisions and take accountability for our actions.
What we need:
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy, the Strategy Planning Analyst will support the Head of Corporate Strategy in all daily activities of the strategic planning team, with a focus on managing the regular reporting cycles.
• Ensure timely completion and continuous improvement of the Strategic Planning reports and presentation decks (monthly and quarterly)
• Manage communications and coordinate with stakeholders across all functions, including information collection and alignment
• Assist in developing/updating the Annual Strategy Plan, conceptualizing enterprise wide strategic initiatives and tracking their performance
• Conduct market research and analysis and consolidate inputs from stakeholders
• Help to facilitate the ongoing transformation in the organization, from strategy design to execution
• Work closely with other colleagues in the Corporate Strategy team on ad-hoc projects
Competencies & Personal Traits
• Quick learner and self-starter with an inquisitive mind
• Organized, methodical thinker with the ability to work under time pressure, prioritize tasks and deal with changes in role expectations as we develop further
• Very strong analytical skills and ability to think laterally
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders of all levels
• Ability to bring together and influence cross functional teams to work on shared outcomes
• Non-hierarchical and collaborative team player
• High sense of independence and accountability
• Ability to create powerful decks and storyboarding
• Strong excel skills
• Broad strategy consulting experience, ideally within financial services but we welcome other industry experience as well
• Bachelor degree is a minimum but a MBA is preferred,
• Strong command of the English language
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?