Business Graduate Intern
9 Jul 2019
Refinitiv – formerly the Financial and Risk business of Thomson Reuters – is a global provider of financial markets data and infrastructure. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
Refinitiv Labs provides a unique opportunity to work in a global team tasked with validating new business opportunities in Financial Services that leverage our data and emerging technologies.
Refinitiv Labs is looking for an exceptional person to develop and extend our market landscaping and engagement with our primary external stakeholders – and work across the Applied Innovation team to ensure we develop digitally informed ways of identifying new opportunities, operating and executing measurable best practices.
While the Labs team executes on the actual innovation projects, you will be at the heart of the Enablement team that drives our market landscaping and defines, implements and controls a cohesive operating model to underpin activities across Refinitiv Labs in Singapore, and across diverse subject matter experts within the group, which comprises UX, User Interface (UI), Design Thinking, and full stack Data Science, Dev and Engineering expertise.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Carries out complex market landscaping, opportunity sizing, research and analysis on a stand-alone basis as part of their workstream
• Takes thought leadership role in problem solving and developing practical recommendations
• Takes the results to a logical and relevant end product, with minimum supervision
• Creates deliverables, including reports, newsletters, spreadsheets, presentations and other outputs to document and communicate findings
• Communicates findings externally and internally
• Independently interacts and collaborates with mid and senior-level stakeholders
• Leads customer insight discussions
• Develops materials and execution plans for key/regular customer engagements
• Becomes “expert” on specific emerging tech and business areas
• May manage junior staff on workstream
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
• Strong analytical, quantitive and fact finding skills in order to size new opportunities
• Curious and passionate about innovating and identifying new opportunities
• Excellent relationship building and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Broad business acumen for customer and partner engagements
• Meeting deadlines and multi-tasking
• Structured approach to work to enable complex planning
• Bachelor degree
• MBA an advantage, but not essential
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?