Information Analysis Industry
04 Dec 2019
RELX is a British corporate group comprising companies that publish scientific, technical and medical material, and legal textbooks; provide decision-making tools; and organise exhibitions. It operates in 40 countries and serves customers in over 180 nations.. It was previously known as Reed Elsevier, and came into being in 1992 as a result of the merger of Reed International, a British trade book and magazine publisher, and Elsevier, a Netherlands-based scientific publisher.
The company is publicly listed, with shares traded on the London Stock Exchange, Amsterdam Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange (ticker symbols: London: REL, Amsterdam: REN, New York: RELX). About 55 per cent of the company's revenues are generated from the US, with 23 per cent from Europe and 22 per cent from the rest of the world. The company is one of the constituents of the FTSE 100 Index, Financial Times Global 500 and Euronext 100 Index.
As an analyst you will provide support throughout the business to improve upon business reporting and decision making. In this role you willbroadly spend your time working on:
Sales Analytical Support (80% of the role)
• Supporting the global sales team to drive revenue growth and market share. This encompasses analytical contributions to sales specific initiatives including country development plans, and regional sales campaigns.
• Automate existing data reporting and monitoring processes
• Reviewing key trends in revenue, customer subscriptions, and customer life cycle.
• Monitoring sales team performance through regular reporting to business leaders.
• Supporting the target setting and commission calculation process.
• Monitor sales governance
• Develop internal sales systems to capture data from our evolving sales processes.
• Ensuring the highest standards of data quality and standards throughout commercial databases.
Product Analytical Support (20% of the role)
• Understanding how our customers access and use products, to facilitate product enhancement.Identify areas to enhance customer satisfaction, usage and engagement
• Assisting in the development of business cases through the provision of analysis on market sizing and customer analytics
• Frequent reporting across the business reviewing product success and customer feedback.
• Other reports and presentations as required by leadership
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral with the ability to break down complex analysis in to easy to understand insights
• Analytical (quantitative and qualitative),and structured problem solving skills.
• Time management skills, working across several projects concurrently.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills, with a great sense for how to present data in visual and inspiring ways
• Commercially motivated, with the desire to succeed.
• Use of advanced analytical tools and approaches (e.g. R, SPSS, SQL-based data environments).
• Not essential but desired experience in:
• Previous sales experience, or an understanding of selling in a fast paced data focused environment.
• Experience working with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau).Knowledge of SalesforceCRM
• Positive, enthusiastic and motivated.Analytically inquisitive, always exploring data further
• Outstanding attention to detail when working with raw data and presentation materials.
• Ability to work independently, whilst collaborating as part of cross-functional teams.
Problem solving skills
• Driven and passionate
• Highly results / output orientated.
Qualifications and Experiences
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g.Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operational Research, or Statistics.Experience in an analytical role within a corporate environment.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?