Staffing and Recruiting
16 Aug 2019
Over the last 34 years Robert Walters has grown and so have our ambitions. We now employ over 4,300 talented staff across 31 countries. Businesses world-wide rely on us to find the very best specialist professionals to drive their business forward. Why? Because those same professionals trust us to manage their long-term careers.
A Commercial Data Analyst job has become available for a leading global brand in Singapore.
About the Commercial Data Analyst Role:
In this role, you will be key in supporting day-to-day decision making and long-term planning in the business.
• The creation and maintenance of analytical sandboxes to execute delivery of ad hoc research, analysis and valuation work required to present up-to-date business intelligence – in particular, segmented supply-demand trends – to inform and recommend key decisions around what to purchase, what to sell and in which locations, how to set prices
• Support the publication of key internal reports for cycle planning, reporting and analysis/key external reports for financial and business performance
• Preparation of fit-for-purpose and user-friendly dashboards to summarise the outcomes of analyses for decision-making forums
• Key stakeholders will all be internal and includes sales and commercial, operations, finance and information services teams
• Delivery of research, numerate analysis and valuation work in relation of business intelligence to financial results to better inform and influence decisions around how the client's goods are sold
• Work closely with technology and business intelligence department stakeholders to create an analytical sandbox that allows the Commercial Data Analyst to blend immutable information from the data warehouse and user-created desktop spreadmarts to execute delivery of routine analysis, ad hoc research – to better inform the wider sales and commercial teams of sales performance and its associated business intelligence, with the objective of achieving more accurate sales forecasting and sell-out rates
• Assist/assume responsibility for the creation of a pricing model for third-party purchases with the express aim of improving assortment, value creation and ultimately higher achieved prices/margins for the resultant blended goods
• Responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of analytical tools, models and databases for the delivery of segmented market analysis
• Test and triangulate market data and resolve contradictions including through formulating hypotheses for the in-market teams and/or market research instruments to test
• Deliver agreed analysis packs in support of decision making at auction sales and the client's decision making committees
• Incorporate data mining functions into daily business intelligence reporting or develop relevant model to test hypotheses on new intelligence
• Investigate the use of AI tools for market insights and computer-assisted hypo-testing for key decisions
• Assist in the development or maintenance/keeping up to date of digital /web applications and tools in the digital platform (primarily viewings) and its associated data input/output to be in line with data warehouse upload and integrity requirements
• Degree in commerce, economics, business, or similar disciplines with a focus on data analytics and insights, with a minimum of one year of relevant working experience
• Preferable professional qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CFA) or eligibility for above qualifications would be an advantage
• Experience in using quantitative techniques and concepts such as cost-benefit, linear regression, supply-demand curves, etc.
• High proficiency in MS Excel/Powerpoint is essential
• e-Commerce/web application management experience is advantageous
• Business intelligence and visualisation tools such as Microstrategy, Salesforce, especially Tableau, etc., is highly advantageous
• Macro-writing/web-scripting/data-mining solutions preferred but not mandatory
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?