S&P Global Platts
2019 Commodity Summer Internship
27 May 2019
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of undergraduate & postgraduate institutions that are passionate about the commodities market and reporting and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing and multicultural team. We are looking for interns who are able to work well within a team and can demonstrate exceptional learning agility, creativity and problem solving ability.
• Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
• Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
• Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
• Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
• We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
• Market reporters provide insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership in the market, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events and phenomenon.
• Fully matriculate students maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
•Postgraduate & Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of studies ONLY
• All degrees welcome: concentration in Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or energy related disciplines preferred
• Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
• Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
• Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
• Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quicklySome knowledge of social media and web technologies (e.g. HTML)
• Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?