STAR (Student Training & Rotation) Program Intern
31 Jul 2019
SAP SE is a German-based European multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, Germany with regional offices in 180 countries. The company has over 335,000 customers in over 180 countries.
Welcome to SAP’s Student Training & Rotation (STAR) Program. Our globally-run, integrated work-study program provides a unique opportunity for students studying Business or IT related specialisations to gain real-world experiences while completing the remaining 18-30 months of undergraduate studies. The paid rotational training program will give students a headstart in building their career in Sales, Pre-Sales, or other tracks at SAP and help them achieve early success.
As a STAR student, you will have the opportunity to:
• Rotate across Sales, Pre-Sales, Operations, Customer Experience & Engagement, Marketing, Innovation, Solution Engineering, Value Engineering, and/or various Line of Businesses (LoB) within our Global Customer Operations (GCO).
• Receive on-the-job and structured development and coaching from our Managers and leaders
• Get paid to work full-time during school breaks, part-time during the academic year, or full-time over a semester to gain course credit.
• Gain hands-on practical work experience and start building your professional network early.
At the end of the program, participants will have the opportunity to:
• Sales / Pre-Sales Track: Enhance your competitive edge for admission to our prestigious, globally-recognized SAP Sales / Pre-Sales Academy; or
• Other Track(s): Be considered for other graduate opportunities within the business that will challenge and grow your current capabilities.
What will SAP STAR students be doing?
STARs must complete at least 2 mandatory rotations in sales / pre-sales track, followed by rotations into other SAP business areas by the end of the program:
• Sales - Our Account Managers and Sales teams are trusted advisors to their clients, engaging in a meaningful way to deliver sustainable solutions to some of business’ biggest challenges.
• Presales - The first point of contact and trusted advisors for our customers, our Presales teams provide presales support for SAP products and services. They create and maintain sales presentations, product demos, and other materials to help secure business and grow revenue.
• Innovation, Digital and Industry Value Engineering - A part of our Presales team, our Innovation and Industry Value Engineering teams design, create and deliver extensions to our solutions and contribute to innovative development projects
• Channel Partner-Enablement - Support SAP’s Channel Partners with the necessary training tools, resources, and enable them to sell and maximize revenue.
• Business Operations – Drive SAP’s Franchise 4 Success methodology with the view to create the highest level of efficiency possible within SAP.
• Customer Experience – Retain revenue associated with SAP’s existing customers by managing SAP’s cloud customer accounts, driving successful renewals, driving opportunity development for network growth opportunities to ensure profitable growth.
STAR Program candidates will be:
• Studying Degree(s) in Business and/or an IT-related major/second degree
• Have at least 18 to 30-months remaining of studies
• Are currently studying in Singapore
• Strong presence and excellent communication skills in English (additional language is a plus)
• Willing and able to work 1-3 days per week (part-time) during semester; 5 days per week (full-time) during study breaks; and/or undertake a 6-month full-time placement (credit-bearing internship)
• Interested in technology, innovation, and how digital platforms can solve business challenges
• Problem-solvers who are ambitious, passionate, resilient, proactive, open-minded, and able to manage pressure
• Are good listeners, empathetic, collaborative and team-oriented
• Demonstrate multi-dimensional experience
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?