Internship (Siemens Bank GmbH Singapore Branch)
14 May 2019
Siemens AG is a German conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad.
The principal divisions of the company are Industry, Energy, Healthcare (Siemens Healthineers), and Infrastructure & Cities, which represent the main activities of the company. The company is a prominent maker of medical diagnostics equipment and its medical health-care division, which generates about 12 percent of the company's total sales, is its second-most profitable unit, after the industrial automation division. The company is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index. Siemens and its subsidiaries employ approximately 372,000 people worldwide and reported global revenue of around €83 billion in 2017 according to its earnings release.
Internship (Siemens Bank GmbH Singapore Branch) – 5 to 6 months
Siemens Bank GmbH Singapore Branch operates as a merchant bank in Singapore and forms part of Siemens Financial Services, a pure play financial services business of SIEMENS AG and provides financing solutions to customers of SIEMENS in the Asia Australia region focusing on the energy and infrastructure sectors. The branch in Singapore offers project and structured finance debt solutions, equity and financial advisory services.
What are my responsibilities?
• You will assist the origination, risk management and/or financial advisory professionals in their day to day activities in originating, underwriting and portfolio management of transactions
• You will support the origination teams with pricing runs to calculate transaction economics for loan transactions and the evaluation of the credit profile of potential customers
• You will gain on-the-job experience and assist with projects with international projects teams based in the Asia Australia region as well as Munich and London
• You will get an in-depth understanding of the operations of a regulated entity (Siemens Bank) forming part of an industrial parent, SIEMENS AG
• You will learn about business administration, regulatory reporting and compliance in a Bank
• You might take on ad-hoc projects as assigned by management
• We are looking for students studying towards a Bachelor/ Masters Degree in Business Administration, Banking & Finance, Economics or equivalent
• Having financial services and financial planning knowledge is an advantage but not an entry requirement
• You have specific interests in debt markets, banking and/or project finance
• You have prior experience in project work, intercultural experience and good initiative
• You have good communication skills, good interpersonal skills and have phenomenal teammate attributes
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?