Strategic Finance Associate, UberEats APACx
12 Aug 2019
Uber Technologies, Inc. is an American multinational transportation network company (TNC) offering services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, food delivery, and a bicycle-sharing system. The company is based in San Francisco and has operations in over 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Its platforms can be accessed via its websites and mobile apps.
About Eats APAC
APAC is the second-largest mega region for Eats globally. Eats is live in 80+ cities (more on the way) across 7 countries: Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. It's an incredibly diverse region with a range of competitive, operational, and cultural dynamics.
About the Team
Forecasting a hyper-growth business is hard. Forecasting for one of the fastest growing startups ever, expanding across the globe, while driving optimization for evolving business models - that's a challenge that doesn't come around often. Doing all this alongside a team that is as driven, creative, hands-on, smart, passionate and fun-loving as you are - that's Strategic Finance at Uber. The Eats Strategic Finance team works with the leadership of the Eats operations teams as a key partner in budgeting, optimization and performance tracking to accomplish our financial and operational goals.
About the Role
In this role, you will be supporting the APAC UberEats business and be in a unique position with visibility into the overall business, and this will allow you to reach insights others might not be able to make. In addition to driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, and analysis efforts, you'll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions. So if you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
• Financial planning and analysis: work closely with the finance organization and with regional business leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to help with decision making
• Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
• Think strategically and execute: the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
• Process improvement: help improve our planning processes and ensure finance best practices spread through the organization. Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
• Global optimization: support initiatives that optimize our global UberEats P&L
• Innovate: we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
• Special projects: new initiatives always come up, you will have the chance to contribute beyond regular modelling
What You'll Need
• BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
• Minimum of 3-4 years in Banking, Corporate finance or operational FP&A role at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
• Elite Excel skills: Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive
• Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people
• Self-starter: You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
• Systems: working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
• Attention to detail: consistent with swift execution
• Working knowledge of US GAAP
• Proficiency in IBM Cognos TM1
• SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
• CFA or CPA
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?