Integrated Middle Office Specialist
6 Jun 2019
UBS Group AG is a Swiss multinational investment bank and financial services company founded and based in Switzerland. Co-headquartered in the cities of Zürich and Basel, it maintains a presence in all major financial centers as the largest Swiss banking institution in the world. UBS client services are known for their strict bank–client confidentiality and culture of banking secrecy. The bank's large positions in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific markets make it a global systemically important financial institution.
Are you a master of F2B controls? Do you thrive in a busy environment? We're looking for someone like that to:
– be responsible for a suite of controls, facilitating support aimed at capturing all risk events within the shortest time possible
– manage the implementation and delivery of some of our strategic initiative
– build and maintain fruitful working collaborative interaction with our main stakeholders
– act as the contact point for our business, risk and larger Operations stakeholders in relation to the projects you will manage
– ensure T0 trade data integrity (completeness, accuracy and timeliness)
– escalate apparent and perceived risks to immediate management for understanding and resolution
– perform front-to-back reconciliations and manage lifecycle management related processes, monitoring and improving transaction flow
– make sure that trade booking practices adhere to predefined models, acting as gateway into the front-to-back infrastructure and maintaining static data maintenance
– investigate and respond to risk, P&L, settlements, confirmations, legal and IT queries
– Review and assess the appropriateness of derivatives pricing models and valuation methodologies, especially for the various un-cleared derivatives (SIMM methodology)
– Work closely with front office trading and quants, market risk control and valuation control
– Analyze large data sets to understand root causes and patterns
– Communicate complex data sets to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise way
– Play a key role in roll out of data quality controls by defining the data quality rules, analyzing exceptions, documenting and acting to remediate
– Review and process various documentation relating to clients including KYC information obtained by the team for completeness and accuracy in line with regulators requirements
– Identify red flag situations and escalate in line with policy and procedures
You’ll be working in the Trade and Lifecycle Controlling Service (TLCS) Line team in Singapore.
We act as the key day-to-day interaction point for the FX, Rates & Credit (FRC) and Asset & Liability Management businesses. The team also covers optimization of collateral, computation of Initial Margin for un-cleared derivatives (SIMM methodology) & KYC review.
- Transactional and market data integrity by regional end-of-day close
- The accuracy and complete execution of lifecycle events on a timely basis
- Review and assess the appropriateness of derivatives pricing models and valuation methodologies, especially for the various un-cleared derivatives (SIMM methodology)
- Review and process various documentation relating to clients including KYC information obtained by the team for completeness and accuracy in line with regulators requirements
- Identify red flag situations and escalate in line with policy and procedures
You have: – strong product knowledge (FX, Rates and/or Credit) including rollout and integration, accompanied with a strong lean mentality – a proven risk assessment and management skill set, fostering a zero tolerance policy for poor integrity and risk taking – Basic understanding of sql and use of databases to manage large datasets is beneficial – Basic understanding of mathematical models in front office systems; supporting trading desk in risk assessment and product pricing is beneficial – Understanding of reporting tools (Microstrategies / Business Objects / Tableau / Qlikview etc.) is beneficial – Bachelor / Masters / PhD or equivalent in Finance, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field will be preferable but not critical – Good communication and interpersonal skills. – Capability of documenting any model development in a clear way. – Any previous KYC, compliance or audit experience in AML – Proven experience in client service (ideally in banking) – Strong attention to detail and strong analytical capability – Analysis, presentation and so level of project management skills are desirable – Experience in robotics, AI and data analytics are beneficial
You are: – able to take ownership of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls and processes – on top of industry and market driven initiatives to understand risks and impacts – a good partner, collaborating across functions to deliver strategic projects and change
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?