Summer Internship – Robotic Process Automation
16 May 2019
Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, programmable SoCs, and now, the ACAP. Their highly flexible, programmable silicon, enabled by a suite of advanced software and tools, drives rapid innovation across a wide span of industries and technologies - from consumer to cars to the cloud. Xilinx delivers the most dynamic processing technology in the industry, enabling rapid innovation with its adaptable, intelligent computing.
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Continuous improvement & automation are top of strategic agenda for many companies. Hence, Xilinx is exploring RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and subsequently, scale this to Cognitive Automation as the next logical step.
We want to leverage interns interested in Supply Chain and Logistics space to work on RPA applying accelerated productivity gains by removing repetitive manual tasks. The use case is specific to SA (Shipment Authorization). Current process requires a user to transact four systems. By leveraging RPA, we want to completely automate the process.
In this position, you will leverage your analytical mindset and programming knowledge to drive, code and complete RPA app for the described use case.
The tool is UiPath. It is ranked amongst the top 3 RPA tool in the market and has a community edition with plenty of online resources and examples.
To help you succeed, we have a mentoring cum buddy system. This is how it will work:
• You will be buddied with a Senior IT person who will guide you through the process.
• You will understand and document the As-Is and To-Be SA process.
• You will learn UiPath through online resources and training materials.
• You will apply the knowledge to automate the SA process.
• As part of internship requirement, you will document functional and technical requirements and design following SDLC process.
• You will conduct training and handover of the completed application at the end of the internship.
• You are to complete the project during the internship duration.
Xilinx will be responsible to coach and guide you on foundational competencies to help you grow professionally. You will be required to mingle with IT peers and get opportunities to attend meetings relevant to the project.
• Relevant training in disciplines from the School of Engineering or School of Computing (Degree)
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
• Proficiency in Web Development using Python, PHP, etc.
• Comfortable with VB and programming constructs
• Administrator for orchestration
• Good written and verbal communication skills
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?